Social Payment Instant Network
Send money quickly and securely with our free Person to Person (P2P) payment service. Money is sent from your Two Rivers checking account to a friend’s bank debit card (US only) and is received once the recipient enters their card number.
How does it work?
In your Two Rivers app or digital banking, you set your friend up as a payee by entering their name and phone or email. Your friend gets a text or email notification with a link. They open the link, enter their bank debit card number and expiration, and submit. Funds are sent instantly!
What sets our product apart?
- Real-time: Our P2P product is real time, meaning money is sent on your real-time balance. Money is also sent real-time, so there’s no delay in receiving. Recipient will get their money loaded on their bank debit card today!
- Security: Money is sent securely from our bank to your friend’s bank—with our financial institution’s data encryption on your side.
- Privacy: You as the sender are not giving your bank information to a third-party product or having to create a separate holding/prepaid account with another product and then take an additional step in transferring the money to your bank account.
- Simplicity: Quick and easy receiving of money—your recipient will get a text or email notification and need to enter their debit card number and expiration date—that’s it!
- Insurance: Your money is always insured at the bank by FDIC Insurance up to $250,000—not the case with other P2P apps that hold users’ money.
- Customer support: Questions about the product? Get the customer support you have come to expect from your hometown bank.
How do I get started?
- To utilize P2P, you need to be enrolled in digital banking.
- Once you are logged in, head to Move Money.
- Select Person to Person for the payee type. Read the disclosure and accept the terms of the agreement.
- Choose the account you want to send the money from.
- Click the + sign under My Payees to add a new payee (or you can go directly to New Transaction and create from there)
- Enter in your payee’s information. You can choose to send via email, text or enter the payee’s debit card number if you know it (we do not advise asking others for their card number).
- Enter the amount you want to send and submit payment. Please note that P2P transactions are immediate and cannot be deleted/edited/returned.
- Your recipient has now been sent an invitation (via text or email) to establish them as a payee. They click the link and enter their debit card number. The card number can be saved for future payments.
- You will receive a confirmation number.
- After they submit their card information and accept the payment, the funds are sent instantly to the recipient’s bank through their debit card. (Funds availability depends on receiving bank’s policies
- Your P2P payment will show up instantly on your transaction history in Two Rivers’ digital banking as a pending SPIN transfer.
Send to Friends & Family
Because they are instant, P2P transactions cannot be edited, cancelled, or returned once sent. Please make sure to send money only to other people you trust. Ask yourself: If I made an error sending money, can I get that money back? For example, do not send money using P2P to an unknown recipient for an online purchase until you’ve received your item.
P2P Frequently Asked Questions
Is this product safe?
All card information through our P2P service is fully encrypted to ensure complete security and compliance. You as the sender never see the recipient’s card details, but it is saved for the convenience of future payments. In order to send money, users need to be logged in to their digital banking login, which requires you to answer a security question in addition to username and password, or you can choose to enable Touch or Face ID for more security.
Do I have to do anything to enroll?
No, all of our customers have the option to use this service. You will have to electronically agree to the terms of this service, electronically, before you are able to send a payment. A copy of the disclosure will be emailed to you.
Does it matter what type of card my recipient has?
Only individual bank debit cards are accepted. Users will get an error when attempting to receive funds onto a prepaid card, credit card, or business debit card. Some debit card BINs do not accept P2P, but it’s rare.
Can I send money to a foreign debit card?
No, only US debit cards will be accepted
Is there an option for my recipient to enter their bank account information instead of a debit card number?
Yes, to send directly to another bank account you will use the bill pay option instead of the P2P option when creating your payee in digital banking. Please know that this is an ACH payment and is not same-day.
Will my payee receive the funds immediately?
Funds will be sent from your Two Rivers account to the receiving bank immediately (once the recipient has entered their card number) but availability is dependent on the recipient’s bank’s policy. Encourage your recipient to ask their bank when funds will be available on a deposit through their debit card.
How will I know if the transaction failed?
If the transaction fails, you will receive a message stating the reason for the failure (such as invalid card number).
Can I make a change to or cancel a P2P I scheduled?
No, P2P transactions are immediate and cannot be edited, cancelled, or returned. Please make sure to send money only to other people you trust. Ask yourself: If I made an error, can I get that money back from them? For example, do not send money using P2P to an unknown recipient for a purchase you are making online until you’ve actually received your item.
Can I set up a recurring P2P transfer?
No, recurring transfers with P2P are not available. You will need to issue each payment separately.
What do I do if I made an error when scheduling my P2P payment?
Contact the recipient and request that they do not accept the funds by entering their debit card number. (Invite set-up link expires after 3 days and the money will credit back to your account at that time.) You can then send them a corrected P2P transaction.
Is there any charge to use Two Rivers’ P2P?
No, this is a fee-free service.
Is there any limit to how much money I can send?
Yes, there is a daily limit of $500. If you need it higher, please call us at 888-226-6063.
Why won’t the link work for my recipient?
The link expires after 3 days and only works once so the recipient needs to fully complete the form and submit the first time. Some email providers remove the hyperlink so the link will show as regular text. If this occurs, the payee will have to copy and paste the link into a browser. This will happen if the email first goes to spam/junk.
The person I am sending money has a new debit card since the last time I sent them funds. What do I do?
You can either enter in their new card number for them in digital banking or you will need to delete your recipient and recreate them, which will send them another link to enter their new card number.
My recipient reports that they click the link and it opens their Two Rivers app, instead of bringing them to a place to enter their debit card number.
This occurs when the recipient has the app set up to open as default for any myebanking.net link. This would have happened if they select ALWAYS OPEN APP for this type of link. To fix this the recipient needs to go into their phone settings and clear defaults for that app and select ALWAYS ASK (for links).